Table of Contents
Glo Skin Beauty
The creation of Glo Skin Beauty was inspired by the belief that makeup should be an extension of skin care.
The brand’s philosophy is that when skincare and makeup solutions are combined, they can work synergistically to reveal your authentic self.
Glo Skin Beauty develops innovative skincare formulas based on specific skin types and specialized treatment products to address major skin concerns. In other words, Glo Skin Beauty understands that there is no one-size-fits-all regarding skincare.
One of Glo Skin Beauty’s most popular skincare products is Renew Serum, designed to remove impurities and minimize the appearance of pores for more transparent, refined skin.
However, the key ingredients in this serum are retinol, glycolic acid, and salicylic acid.
These three ingredients effectively minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve uneven skin tone, restore skin firmness, and reduce the appearance of enlarged pores.
It should be noted that the Glo Skin Beauty Renew serum contains a very high concentration of denatured alcohol (it is the second highest concentration ingredient only after water).
For example, you will learn in the next section that denatured alcohol is a problematic ingredient for all skin types.
- Another best-selling Glo Skin Beauty skin care product is Oil Free Moisturizer. Interestingly, although the name implies that this product contains no oils, the ingredient list includes jojoba seed oil.
Although the term is misleading, we can’t fault Glo Skin Beauty for adding oil to this moisturizer. Wherefore? Because jojoba oil is one of the best ingredients, you can use it on your skin.
- In addition, the chemical composition of jojoba oil mimics the skin’s natural sebum more closely than any other oil.
- Therefore, jojoba oil will normalize the skin’s sebum levels and cleanse the pores, which can help people with acne-prone skin reduce the chance of breakouts.
- Additionally, research has shown that jojoba oil improves the skin’s barrier function and helps prevent transepidermal water loss.
- It also has proven anti-inflammatory effects and can provide calming effects after application. In general, jojoba oil promotes smoother, healthier, and better-hydrated skin.
- The Glo Skin Beauty Lightening Serum combines 2% hydroquinone with key lightening ingredients such as Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid, Kojic Acid, and Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) to help lighten skin and reduce hyperpigmentation.
- However, like the Glo Skin Renew Serum, this formula contains a high concentration of denatured alcohol.
- While denatured alcohol may temporarily degrease the skin, it will ultimately cause dryness and even skin damage with continued use.
Power C Daily Serum
- This Glo Skin Beauty Vitamin C Serum contains 15% 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, a stable derivative of Vitamin C, to provide daily protection against pollution and the environment while helping to strengthen and brighten skin.
- Though vitamin C is an effective antioxidant that can help protect the skin from free radicals. These unstable molecules contribute to premature wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
- The Vitamin C is also known to stimulate collagen synthesis and inhibit melanin formation. It means that Glo Skin Beauty Vitamin C Serum provides antioxidant protection and anti-aging and skin-lightening effects.
- Like many Glo Skin Beauty serums, this formula contains a high concentration of denatured alcohol.
Oil-Free Tinted Primer SPF 30
- The final Glo Skin skincare product we’ll discuss is Oil Free Tinted Primer SPF 30.
- This product is the perfect example of how Glo Skin combines skin-healthy ingredients with makeup to give you full-day coverage.
- This foundation combines titanium dioxide and zinc oxide physical sunscreens to provide broad-spectrum SPF 30 protection.
- In addition, they protect your skin using biological UV filters to block or deflect UV light. Glo Skin Oil-Free Tinted Foundation dries to a demi-matte finish and is available in four shades that provide light to medium coverage.